Delivering for Wingecarribee: local infrastructure investment tops $115 million, unemployment drops to 3%
Federal Member for Hume Angus Taylor has outlined the wins for Wingecarribee under the Coalition Government. What’s happening around Wingecarribee >>
Mr Taylor has pledged to continue the major infrastructure investment in the region if re-elected.
“I was enjoying a coffee with new café owners in Bundanoon recently and we’re all in agreement about the extraordinary tourism potential of the Highlands,” Mr Taylor said.
“The marvellous educational facilities, the natural beauty of the area and the great café culture make it so attractive for newcomers.
“Employment opportunities continue to improve with Wingecarribee unemployment dropping to a low 3% (Sept 2018) compared to 4.6% (Sept 2013) a few years ago.
“As we all know, connectivity is critical for this area. New NBN towers have been switched on at Bundanoon North, Wingello, Exeter, Balmoral West, Hill Top South and at Marulan.
“Improved internet coverage is planned for Tallong South, Paddy’s River and Moss Vale.
“There is expanded mobile coverage coming for Bundanoon and Exeter and 4G coverage has been extended across many parts of Hume.
“Infrastructure investment in the Wingecarribee Shire has topped $115 million under the Coalition Government. Let’s keep the momentum happening!”
- Wingecarribee unemployment sits at 3% (Sept 2018 quarter)
- 26 new businesses have started up in Bundanoon, Hill Top and Colo Vale in 12 months (2017-18)
- Colo Vale has nearly doubled its number of businesses in the past five years
- $36 million in recurrent roads funding for Wingecarribee (through to 2023)
- Better connectivity: NBN towers at Bundanoon North, Wingello, Exeter, Balmoral West, Hill Top South and at Marulan.
- New Telstra mobile phone tower coming for Bundanoon
- New NBN towers planned for Tallong South, Paddy’s River and Moss Vale
- NBN fibre, towers and satellite allowing 37,000 premises to connect in Wingecarribee
- Estimated $73 million for NBN rollout in Wingecarribee
- Optus mobile phone coverage coming for Exeter
- Safety measures along Highlands Way, Tallong $695,000
- Bundanoon Road, Exeter widening at the intersection with Ringwood Road $486,200
- Safety works on Drapers Road at Colo Vale, $171,920
- Boronia Park, Hill Top sports field lighting & landscaping $13,000
- Men’s Shed funding to Hill Top and Colo Vale $4,300
- Bundanoon Cricket Club volunteer grant $3,250
Caption: Angus Taylor catching up with residents of Bundanoon and Exeter last weekend
FEDERAL COALITION INVESTS $BILLIONS IN HUME
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN FOR HUME